The Rantings and Ravings of a Crazy Book Lady.

Saturday, February 1, 2014

[Book Rant] The Phantom Tollbooth

 

I'm apologizing in advance for this super lazy post, so please forgive me!

Blurb: 

One day Milo finds an enormous and mysterious package in his room. A phantom tollbooth, with a map to a weird world beyond! So Milo sets off on a fantastic voyage in which he meets: the not so wicked Witch, Faintly Macabre, Alec Bings who sees through things, and the watchdog, Tock, who ticks.

My Thoughts:

Overall, I enjoyed this. I first picked it up because it seemed very Roald Dahl-esque. And I absolutely adore Dahl's work. The Phantom Tollbooth didn't disappoint. I found it imaginative and endearing. The word-play was also very amusing and I found myself chuckling aloud in a couple of places. The Phantom Tollbooth is a great children's book--one that's incredibly magical, while teaching some vital life lessons. I would definitely recommend.



Final Verdict:


Princess Reads A Lot LIKES this book a whole lot!
It made her smile and she's sure glad she read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment