The Rantings and Ravings of a Crazy Book Lady.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Next Read? Decisions, Decisions.

Sigh...

I'm in the miserable place of being in between books. Just finished The Perks of Being a Wallflower and I can't decide what to read next. I have too many amazing possibilities on my "to-be-read" shelf. So, I'm bringing my dilemma to the world. Which book should I read next?

To begin, I have a couple of Jodi Piccoult's works to choose from. The Pact, Nineteen, Sing You Home, Change of Heart, and Plain Truth. Only problem is that Piccoult does it to me EVERY time. Her works always make me cry. I'm not quite in the mood for tearjerkers. 

There's also the highly-acclaimed, The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I'm almost positive that this is one I'll enjoy and then I'll finally be able to watch the movie.

Then there's the first two books of The Girl With a Dragon Tattoo trilogy. I started reading the first one and couldn't quite get into it. I think part of the issue is the fact that it's translated. I found myself bogged down by the Swedish references that seemed to go over my head.

Oh, we can't forget the few Tori Morrison titles I've yet to read: Sula, Beloved and Jazz.

I also have something by Joyce Carol Oates, The Falls. I've been meaning to be read something by Oates. She's supposed to be an acclaimed writer, no?

Do you see NOW why the decision is so painful? Leave your verdict in the comments.

Much Obliged,
Fatuma
Book Rants


3 comments:

  1. I just started reading The Pact!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? How is it so far? Lemme know how much of a tearjerker it is on a scale of 1-5! lol

      Delete
  2. Hmmm.. difficult decision indeed. I find I just can't pick these days. So much I want to read! Never read Jodi Piccoult. Hear from my mom she's great though. Maybe The Help? Have that sitting around too. Most definitely getting to that one SOON.

    Checked out you friend Zara's blog. Gave it a follow. See if she'll return the favor? Lol :)

    Anyway, let us know your decision! :)

    ReplyDelete