The Rantings and Ravings of a Crazy Book Lady.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

[Current Read]The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

I'm currently rereading The Perks of Being a Wallflower for the first time since I first read it in my 10th grade English class.

Reading it is like meeting an exboyfriend after a few years and suddenly you forget all of the reasons why you fell out of love. Instead, you remember the good and find yourself falling once again. Charlie is that exboyfriend for me... I'm suddenly remembering all of the reasons why I loved this book and I'm cursing myself for not having read it again sooner. Six wasted years...

More ranting after I finish the novel.

However, I'll leave you with one of my favorite lines so far:
"'He's a wallflower.'... 'You see things. You keep quiet about them. And you understand'." (37)

Quietly yours,
Fatuma
Book Rants

2 comments:

  1. I have this downloaded on my nook. I want to read it before I see the movie. I'm hearing only good things sbout both so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same. It's a "thing" for me. I don't watch the movie unless I've read the book..unless I didn't know there was a book in the first place...after which I feel intensely disapointed with myself! lol

      And yes, I've heard that the movie, especially is quite book. Perhaps better than the book. The trailer certainly peaks my interest. I'm definitely looking forward to watching it. Perhaps tonight or tomorrow. =)

      Let me know when you've finished reading/watching and let me know what you think!

      Delete