The Rantings and Ravings of a Crazy Book Lady.

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Newly Added to TBR Shelf

I had planned on a Hannibal Lecter movie marathon this weekend with Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, Hannibal Rising, and Red Dragon. However, I remembered that I had Thomas Harris' Hannibal in my To Be Read pile on the floor. We all know how I feel about reading the book first whenever possible. Alas, this plan is to postponed until I read the novel. Speaking of To Be Read, here are a few gems that I've added in the last couple of months:


  • Some Stephen King in the form of Salem's Lot, Joyland, and Carrie. I wonder if I can muster up some steel nerves to watch the movies, Carrie and Salem's Lot.
  • Elie Wiesel's Night
  • Scott Westerfield's Uglies. This has been on my to be read list since high school! 
  • The Road by Cormac McCarthy. I had tried reading this in high school and abandoned it. However, my mentor teacher from this semester absolutely adores this novel, so I felt I should give it another chance.
  • Divergent Series  by Veronica Roth.
  • Fault in Our Stars by John Green.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wanted to give The Road a try. Uglies, the Divergent series and Fault in Our Stars have also been on my TBR for a while. I think I've been subconsciously putting off The Fault in Our Stars because it hits too close to home. But I hear it's supposed to be excellent. Plus, I have yet to read any John Green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Fault in Our Stars is supposedly amazing. It was the big summer read for many of my high school students. I've been putting it off due to the emotional subject matter as well. Along with the six Jodi Piccoults on my shelf. I'm such a sap.

      Delete